Friday, September 14, 2007

 

Welcome to Ocean Springs!

My name is Al Sturgeon, and it is my pleasure to welcome you to Ocean Springs, Mississippi. I moved to Ocean Springs in 1999, three full centuries after the first Europeans made their landing to establish their presence on the North American continent, and it didn’t take me long to realize that I was in a very special place. Every town has a unique character, but there is something extra special about Ocean Springs. I had the idea of taking a hundred pictures in 2007 to introduce you to the people, places, events, and institutions that gives my hometown its special flair, and I have had the best time meeting the faces that make this community such a beautiful place. So without further adieu, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Ocean Springs, Mississippi, the City of Discovery.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?