Tuesday, January 23, 2007

 

WOSM: "The Gospel Giant"

In February, WOSM celebrates its 36th anniversary as Ocean Springs’ first and only radio station. Charles and Margaret Cooper established “The Gospel Giant” in 1971 at 103.1 on the FM dial, based on their dream to provide Christian radio to listeners twenty-four hours a day. As a part of its Christian basis, WOSM serves the citizenry of Ocean Springs in several ways, ranging from broadcasting high school football games to providing emergency information during hurricane season. The station lost towers in both Elena and Frederic, but thankfully the tower survived Katrina, allowing WOSM to serve a vital role by providing critical emergency information to the entire area.

Comments:
I love Charles and Margaret! They are truly special servants of God.

Margaret is the radio personality in the world who can turn on a bubble machine in the studio and have her audience almost able to see them wherever they are.

Gospel Steve Martin once sang 'he's got you and me Margaret, in his hands' live on the air. I had to pull off the road.

I will have to drop in and see them soon. Thanks for posting this, Al!
 
The Coopers are so kind. Hillary went with me, and Mr. Cooper took the time to show her around the station. It was so neat to see such a kind and gentle man showing my little girl around...
 
Big Al,

I am enjoying getting to know Ocean Springs through your camera. Keep em coming.

If you are looking for another job, I hear there is one available in Dallas. Not sure who they will be able to hire this late in the game. Could be interesting. Something tells me it will be a nobody.
 
You mean, someone Jerry Jones can truly boss around again?

Well if the money's right, I might be available for that... :-)
 
Thanks, Ben! Great hearing from you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?