Wednesday, January 10, 2007

 

Shearwater Pottery

The Shearwater Pottery showroom began 2007 on the second floor of the Mary C. O’Keefe Cultural Center of Arts & Education building while its legendary location on Shearwater Drive continued to rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. Marjorie Anderson Ashley, daughter of the world-famous potter who founded Shearwater, Peter Anderson, graciously attends the showroom, conversing with tourists from around the world who still find her in her temporary location. Shearwater Pottery began in 1928, and after nearly eighty years of producing world-renowned art, Marjorie continues to keep the business end of it alive, while artists continue the legacy of her father.

Comments:
Al:
Marjorie and her husband lived in our B&B (The Eaves)for several months after their home was destroyed by Katrina.
 
Wow! I spoke with her about Bruce Duckett (my Habitat connection), but I wish I would have brought your name up!
 
Big Al,
I got the cd with all of the Katrina pics on it. WOW. I have started to put them together in a way that I will put them in the book. I can't wait for you to see the finished product.

I enjoyed your first segment of "My Ocean Springs: 2007 in Pictures". It will be fun to read all about the interesting people of the Ocean Springs area.
 
Thanks, Big Dave!!!

I went out & took some pics today & added a few to the "Nature" folder on my Webshots page.

And this Ocean Springs thing is hard to get started on. I'm remembering that I'm shy, but I think staying after it will help me get past that!

I have a neat appointment VERY EARLY next Tuesday morning, and that's got me excited. Once I have a few under my belt I think it will get easier.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?